- Enamel is the hardest substance in the body and contains 96% minerals with the other 4% of water and organic compounds.
- The most valuable tooth belonged to Sir Isaac Newton, in 1816, one of his teeth was sold in London for £3,633.00, or in today’s terms, £35,700.00, the tooth was set in a ring.
- Sports-related injuries account for approximately five million missing teeth per year.
- If you don’t floss, you miss cleaning 40% of your tooth surfaces.
- Many diseases are linked to your oral health, including heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, strokes, Premature low-birth weight babies.
- The human tongue and teeth are as unique as a fingerprint—no two people have the same tongue or teeth print.
- A healthy person produces an estimated 0.75 to 1.5 litres of saliva per day while during sleep the amount drops to nearly zero.
- Humans swallow approximately 600 times a day.
- Odontophilia is the name for teeth fetishes.
- The sound of chewing gum and food, coughing, nose blowing,
sniffling, throat clearing, breathing and many other sounds can cause great
anxiety and rage in people.